Keeping up with the content marketing world can be a full-time job in itself. Here’s some of the best content marketing advice you can heed in 2015.
1. Your first step is to audit your current SEO strategy. Take stock of how you’re handling SEO, read up on current algorithms, and determine which aspects of your strategy you want to keep and which you need to change.
2. Utilize a combination of owned, paid and earned media. Owned exposure includes things like blogging and then posting the link on social media. Earned exposure is anything you pay for, like Google Ads or Facebook posts that have been boosted. Earned exposure is when the media pays attention to your brand and posts content about it.
3. Write about topics that are important to your audience. What are they wondering about? What will make their life easier? For example, if you’re in the healthcare industry, you may want to blog about your new patient friendly billing process. This is informative to your audience and it provides value at the same time.
4. Make sure you’re choosing the right keywords. Odds are you’re going to rank for something, but is it what you actually want to rank for? Ask yourself if the keyword is relevant to your content as well as your brand. Then, find out if you’re already ranking for it. If you are, you should pick a new keyword to rank for.
5. Consider outsourcing aspects of your content marketing. That way, you can spend more time engaging with your audience instead of uploading social media posts and checking analytics. From virtual assistants to companies like Lanvera.com, there are a lot of resources out there to help you with your work load.
6. Use the same SEO in both your blog posts and your social media. On most social media platforms, especially Twitter and Instagram, hashtags and keywords can attract a lot of attention.
7. If you don’t think you can handle SEO and content marketing on your own, consider hiring a professional to take it over. Since SEO is so important, it’s not something you want to do if you don’t have enough knowledge on the topic. It’s also not something that you should let fall to the wayside.
Stay on top of trends and ever-changing search engine algorithms to ensure your content marketing strategy is in line with the current industry.